*** Free ALTERNATIVE BCN tour
Tours in English daily at: 17
GET OUT OF THE TOURIST TRACK!
– Barcelona underground
– Radical street art
– Barcelona squat buildings
– Alternative lifestyles
– Real urban culture
– Popular olympics ´36
– Anarchist Barcelona
– Legend and reality
– Urban photographers dream
Informative! Fun! Entertaining!
Tours daily 17h, meet at TRAVEL BAR
More info here
Previous tours: Guided Tour // Street Art (BCN MES – Sunday 24th March) (March 15, 2013) | Radical #StreetArt tour today in #Barcelona (November 4, 2012)
Some places we visit:
La Otra Carboneria
La Otra Carboneria || Compte Urgell 30, Barcelona
Okupa tu també
The “Other Coal-house” describes itself as “A self-managed social centre, an open space for the neighbourhood and the city, occupied in civil disobedience to laws that perpetuate injust situations; from which to generate social activities such as debates, lectures, information points, artistic practices, workshops, knowledge exchange, etc.”
The image on this flyer is from La Otra Carboneria, during most tours we visit this building and talk about why people are doing what they do within, if you are interested in learning more about the collective, visit them, participate in the activities they organise, support the initiaves in the neighbourhood of san antoni, their open assembly is on tuesdays at 8.30. On thursday evening their is a cheap communal meal, a fine time to make friends and share views on life…
BARRILONIA, the squatted social centre of Raval, evicted during hte summer. We put on and participated in many Peruvian and Latin American solidarity nights and parties here.
http://barrilonia.blogspot.com.es/ | !!! ACCIÓN SOLIDARIA POR EL AGUA Y LA VIDA EN PERÚ !!! | Barcelona con Bagua
Hort del Xino – Raval community garden
info about the amazing community garden in raval, hort del xino, is on their web, anybody can get involved with them, they dont just grow food, the space is a zone for making friends, yoga, outdoor film, collective and communal eating, education events, zone for workshops… http://hortdelxino.wordpress.com/
1936-1937, the anarchist revolution
15M what’s happening in Spain?
Democracy 2.0 Barcelona
BCN MES article from June 2011, interview with Duncan Crowley about INDIGNADO goings on.
Barcelona: Radical #StreetArt tour today in #Barcelona | looking for activist Barcelona | Let’s plant some seeds :// GARDENING FOR CHANGE (previous BCN MES article) | New projects in Barcelona: Aurea Social + HUB | Bold, Beautiful, Blooming Barcelona asks: What would it mean to win?
Indignados / 15M: Changing the world in the Network Age | #SpanishRevolution reloads, takes aim and fires… #OccupyMordor | Moving on… After Spains 29M general strike, how and why peaceful action is the only way to WIN | Homage to Plaza Catalunya: REAL DEMOCRACY NOW IRELAND event | #SpanishRevolution – Instaling Democracy 2.0 | Tahrir comes to Spain | #spanishrevolution goes global
Political: #RajoyDimisión – Time for Spains corrupt politicians to go | Adeu Spain??? (Is Catalonia about to start the breakup of Spain?) | #14N Vaga General – European Strike November 14 (Barcelona fotos) | #25S – Madrid “riots”, Agent Provocateurs, terrible injuries and the movements response | “Peoples of Europe, Rise Up” Greece’s message being taken up by France, and maybe beyond too? | Vids to remember 75 years ago: Spanish civil war + Revolution | N30: The day the political landscape changed forever Anarchist: Vivir la utopía / Living Utopia (BeT ♥ peli #6) | Spanish revolution; by WSM Ireland
Eco: A Transition Vision For Barcelona City | Greening Barcelona | Helping to build an eco building with our local food co-op | Rocket stove workshop on the roof of Can Roig | In the rain, with raincoats and under brollies, something special happened in Barcelona. | BCN climate change talks 2009 | From the Forum (GEF) to the city (BCN) – First Global Eco Forum is underway in Barcelona… and from here?? | Whats all this Climate Camp stuff then?
(This post is still in construction, it will be updated as things progress)
Heres a little more about…
Xupete Negra y Pez
street art: art, grafitti, stencils, murals, stickers, political, hipster, fashion, tatoos, texts, languages scripts (arabic, chinese)…
Photo album: #Radical #StreetArt #Barcelona
Urban Art : Anarchy in the City (Barcelona Graffiti / May 2008)
[blip.tv http://blip.tv/play/AbnMQAI?p=1 width=”450″ height=”313″]
Invader (born 1969) is a French urban artist who pastes up characters from and inspired by the 1978 arcade game Space Invaders game, made up of small coloured square mosaic tiles that form a space invader character mural. He does this in cities across the world, then documents this as an “Invasion”, with books and maps of where to find each invader.
Banksy – Exit Through The Gift Shop (2010) eng subs
talking about street art, why its done, how its done and a fair bit about Invader, who has his art up in BCN
Democracía Urbana (http://www.democraciaurbana.com/) =
An artistic group deeply committed to urban development in Barcelona and many other cities. Their commitment is rooted by many years of street painting and social projects that involve the participation of local residents. Their individual work has earned each and every one of them wide recognition transcending beyond street art and well into the spectrum of established art, illustration, animation, fashion, interior design and education
- Ovni (http://blog.taratiel.com/)
- Mui = Band/Sound Art (http://www.myspace.com/muiband/music)
- Gola (http://www.golanimal.com/works/walls)
- Kafre (http://www.flickr.com/photos/leonka)
- Sensible (http://www.fixemedia.com/sensible/paints/)
- Tom14 (http://tom14.com/?tag=bcn) Also (+Amor) Also possibly band??? (Cumbre de los necios – http://www.myspace.com/lacumbredelosnecios/music) = Heart designs in collaborations)
- H101 (Cientounoh) (http://www.hcientouno.com)
- Pez (http://www.el-pez.com/)
Xupet Negre = Started tagging but developed into a design = Black pacifier. Old Skool artista… (http://www.elexupetnegre.com)
Bombing Art = (http://statigr.am/tag/bombingpeace)
AliCè (http://www.alicepasquini.com/walls.html) = Alice Pasquini is a visual artist from Rome who works as an illustrator, set designer, and painter. Alice’s preferred canvases are city walls and she’€™s traveled widely in the past few years to bring her artwork to life on the streets of different cities across the globe. Growing up in the culture of ’90s hip-hop, she was struck by the heroine of a comic named Sprayliz, which centered around a girl who created politically themed graffiti, and using this inspiration she began moving toward the world of street art. Through her art she strives to demonstration the small moments between people and their connections to one another. She wishes to represent human emotion and explore these emotions from a different point of view. Alice is particularly interested in the representation of women in art and the desire to show strong, independent women in a way that differs from the highly sexualized image of femininity that is typically seen in society.
(This pic is…) Helena Petrovna (1831 – 1891) was a Russian-German occultist author. Established the Theosophical Society. Blavatsky defined Theosophy as “the archaic Wisdom-Religion, once known in every ancient civilization.” Blavatsky’s research into the many different spiritual traditions of the world led to the publication of what is now considered her magnum opus, The Secret Doctrine, which collates and organizes the essence of these teachings into a comprehensive synthesis. Blavatsky saw herself as a missionary of this ancient knowledge and one of the main purposes of the Theosophical Society was “to form a nucleus of the Universal Brotherhood of Humanity, without distinction of race, creed, sex, caste or color”.
Loads of this guys in Born…Sus plantillas tienen como base familiares o amigos suyos. Incluso algunas son autoretratos. Empezó en el 2008 directamente con esta técnica, influenciado por C215.
Parisian artista with a number of Works in Born. Inspired SM172. Master of stencils, eg (Look at C215 logo on other Works)
¿??? Name ¿??? (Maybe john or juan) – Leo Messi’s nickname is La Pulga (Flea). There are loads of these football kicking blaugrana wearing No.10 flea stencils on the streets of BCN.
Kram (http://www.kram.es/category/graffiti/) This blokes awesome. Does the rats paste up things that are everywhere….careful not to confuse him with Ozzy.
Seta – Can’t find much about Seta, but they/he/she is really Bloody prolific, you’ve all seen this on the streets
Flatt (Does the pasted Black and White animal faces. I recall specifically a fox face, but there are loads about…
Main = (http://cargocollective.com/m_a_i_n/) Does monopoly heads, there are a lot near Santa Catalina. He’s French. Part of Quality Street collective who’s base used to be by Santa Cat apparently. They’ve moved now, here’s their website.( http://cargocollective.com/qualitystreet)
Olivia = (http://www.flickr.com/photos/0livia/) Lady who does a lot of Olive Oil from Popeye but much more modern and assertive than the original.
Nineta = Another female artista. Apparently always has a similar female carácter with various weird animals. Can’t find a web page, perhaps I’ve spelled the name wrong.
Vegan Bunnies = Apparently a couple. (http://vegan-bunnies.blogspot.com.es/2012/08/street-art-barcelona.html)
Francisco de Pajaro = Tags a lot of kind of cave painting like animals, but also does really cool staff with rubbish which he leaves to be taken away by the bin men! (http://www.franciscodepajaro.net/)
Sueña / Sahara Libre ¿? = AS yet found no page for this person, but they’re cool and gives you something to talk about with the former colony, colonialising W.Sahara, etc.
Ogoch = Not sure what this person’s called but I’ve seen it about. (http://ogochweareallalreadydead.wordpress.com/about/)
Pez = Smiling Fish everywhere! (http://www.el-pez.com/the-artist/)
Onergizer = (www.instagram.com/konair) Lollipop design.
Aleixgordo = (www.aleixgoho.com)
Dase = (www.dese.es)
Meibol = (www.meibolbcn.blogspot.com.es). Catalan female painter.
Debens = (www.deliriumdebens.com)
Fret = (www.fretcolores.tumblr.com)
Vinz = (www.vinzfeelfree.com)
El Xupet Negre = (http://elxupetnegre.com/) Big baby pacifiers
Zone = (http://barcelonastreetart.blogspot.com.es/2013/03/la-barcelona-de-la-dinamita.html) ‘Z’ Bombs (these are everywhere, some good info there in link)
THE LAW: Taken from (http://bcnstyle.ekosystem.org/laws/en/)
Article 20: Rules of Conduct
1. It is forbidden to do any kind of graffiti, paint, writing, inscription, or scrawl with any type of material (ink, paint, organic material or similar), or scratching the surface of any urban element interior or exterior. This also applies to urban equipment, military equipment, infrastructure, any element of public service such as public transportation, trees, gardens and any other public place. The artistic murals are permissible only if you have municipal or a proprietary authorization.
2. Anyone who wants to put graffiti or paint on private property that can be seen from public places must obtain permission from the Government.
3. The organizers of any public celebration whether it is cultural, celebration, fun, sporting in nature, will be expected to take care during the celebration so that the public space is not degraded in any way by the celebration. Should any of the conducts described in #1 take place, the organizers are required to notify the authorities.
4. If someone under 18 years old commits any of these infractions because of negligence of their parent, guardian, or tutor that parent, guardian or tutor will be directly and totally responsible for the child’s conduct.
1. Any who are caught attempting the misconducts described in the previous article will be be sanctioned and pay a fine from 120 to 750 euros. Unless the crime constitutes a more serious infraction.
2. Violating the following spaces will be considered serious and sanctioned from 750.01 to 1500 euros: a. Any types of transportation, both public or privately owned, including vehicles, stop signs and other elements installed in public spaces. b. Elements of public parks or gardens c. On all types of real estate, both public and privately owned, only excused if it is almost too small to be seen. d. All street and road signs, and any urban element of which damage or defacement creates partial or total loss of function.
3. Violating any type of monument or protected building is a very serious sanction and will be fined from 1500.01 to 3000 euros
22: Specific Interventions
1. In accordance with the previous articles, the agents of authority will confiscate the materials or mediums violators use for defacement.
2. If it is possible to erase the defacement and return it to its original state, the agents of authority will make the infractor clean the area. The violator will also be expected to face the imposition of sanction by the Government.
3. The City Council will clean the area and repair the damage caused by the infraction, and the responsible persons will be expected to pay for the cleaning. Independent of the of the imposition of corresponding sanctions for their actions.
4. If the infractor is under 18 years of age the agents of authority will hold their guardian, parent or tutor responsible as stated in the 4th point of chapter 20 above.
5. When the graffiti or paint constitutes a patrimonial infraction as stated in article 626 of the Penal Code, the agents of authority will notify the judicial authorities, independent of the sanctioning process
RANDOM STREET ART PAGES-